Let’s Travel Again
Our Resorts are getting ready to welcome your Clients
We are happy to announce the upcoming reopening of the following resorts:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay: on June 12, 2020
- Club Med Cancún Yucatán: on October 17, 2020**
- Club Med Punta Cana on October 17, 2020**
- Club Med Caravelle on October 17, 2020**
- Club Med Turkoise: on October 24, 2020**
- Club Med Michès Playa Esmeralda on December 5, 2020**
- Club Med Buccaneer’s Creek on December 12, 2020**
- Club Med Columbus Isle in December 2021**
- Club Med Ixtapa Pacific in December 2021**
Incentive for Travel Advisors
- Receive automatically an additional commission of 2%*, on top of the current rate and applicable conditions, for all bookings using a Future Travel Credit for departures before March 31, 2021.
- Get a $300 VISA gift^* card for a group reservation of 20 adults or more, booked by November 3, 2020 for departures before December 31, 2022.
|Your Clients can Travel & Book with Peace of Mind|
|Free Cancellation||Enhanced Resort Hygiene Measures||Emergency Assistance Program|
Book a stay for your Clients by December 31, 2020 and, if their travel plans change you can cancel up to 15 days prior to departure and get a full refund for their air-inclusive package.
All Club Med Resorts will now feature reinforced health & hygiene measures, including temperature checks, increased sanitation of all spaces, and social distancing measures.
Our new Emergency Assistance Program provides all guests traveling by April 30, 2021 with coverage for emergency medical expenses during their stay, including those related to COVID-19.
Safe Together – Club Med’s Hygiene & Safety Measures
|☀ Free Cancellations*’^
For new bookings made between May 18, 2020 and December 31, 2020 on any Club Med resort worldwide, you can modify or cancel for free and receive a full refund on your package (land and air portions) if your flights were booked with Air Canada, Air Transat or Westjet:
>Up to 15 days prior to departure for stays on and prior to July 2nd, 2021 (100% charge if 14 or less)
>Up to 61 days prior to departure for specific 2020 2021 Holiday weeks, including Christmas 2020, New Year’s 2020, Spring Break 2021, and stays starting July 3rd, 2021 (25% charge if cancellation between 60 & 31 days. 50% charge if cancellation between 30 & 15 days. 100% if 14 or less).
>Up to 91 days prior to departure for 2021 Holiday weeks (including but not limited to Thanksgiving, Christmas 2021, New Year’s 2021 and other weeks) (100% charge if 91 or less)
Refund excludes membership fees and optional insurance. All refunds will go back on the same form of payment. If the cancelled booking was paid using a future travel credit, the refund will be issued as a credit for future travel to be used prior to the expiration date of the original future travel credit. If your flights were not booked with Air Canada, Air Transat or Westjet, the air portion will follow the airlines’ policy in effect.
Emergency Assistance Program*^*
As an addition to our Safe Together mission, implementing enhanced safety and hygiene measures in our resorts, we are modifying our Emergency Assistance Program to provide all guests traveling before April 30th, 2021 with coverage for emergency medical expenses during their stay, including those related to COVID-19.
What is covered?
- In case of illness related to COVID-19, all healthcare expenses during your stay are covered: medical expenses in case of hospitalization, medical visit, COVID-19 test, as well as transportation costs to testing facilities.
- In case of hospitalization, coverage includes: housing cost for companion, accompaniment of children and medical evacuation if the situation requires it.
- In case of quarantine: the assistance center will organize housing along with the Resort and medical personnel.
- If you miss your intended flight: the assistance center will take charge and organize a new return flight following the sanitary requirements established by the health team.
Cost coverage in the event of Illness (including COVID disease) includes:
- Medical expenses abroad until 75 000 € incl. tax / beneficiary,
- Advance on hospitalization costs incurred abroad until €75,000 incl. tax per beneficiary,
- The cost of an extended stay at the hotel: € 80 per night incl. tax and € 150 incl. tax for a family / 10 nights maximum,
- Medical evacuation and repatriation following accident and/or illness according to the decision of the Medical Board of Europ Assistance,
- Repatriation of the mortal remains in case of death.
What is not covered by the program?
Consequences of global COVID situations in the country where the resort is located, such as:
1. Border lockdown: per region/ per city/ airport closure/ flight cancelation/ Resort closure…
2. Interruption of stay: following the declaration of State of Emergency
3. Quarantine: at the destination without being sick.
A certificate of insurance confirming coverage of medical expenses in case of sickness including COVID-19 can be provided upon request in order to enter a country or to obtain a travel visa.
This Assistance Agreement constitutes the general conditions of the contract concluded between EUROP ASSISTANCE, a business governed by the Insurance Code, and CLUB MED SALES, on behalf of its clients. It specifies the content of and the limits on the services to be provided by EUROP ASSISTANCE for CLUB MED SALES clients. The Assistance is provided by EUROP ASSISTANCE, and not by Club Med®. Any enrollment in Club Med®, or through the intermediary of a travel agent, makes the G.M® eligible for EUROP ASSISTANCE services, which cover assistance for persons. Applicable only to Canadian members (G.Ms®) who are Canadian residents and have booked and paid for their trip in Canada. This coverage supercedes any previously existing coverage and is subject to change without notice. A complete description of coverage is available upon request with Club Med Sales Inc., and also in the Basic Insurance document you will receive by electronic mail before departure if you made a reservation. Call your Travel Agent for more details.
☆Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a lower price in the future for the same travel dates, for land portion only, your client will receive a Future Travel Credit for a value equal to the price difference applicable to their next booking.