Communication and transparency have always been a core value of our relationships with our travel partners. Club Med is committed to keep you inform on the coronavirus situation and to providing you with the best support to rebook your clients as soon as they are ready to travel again with us.
Incentive for Travel Advisors
- Receive automatically an additional commission of 2%^, on top of the current rate and applicable conditions, for all bookings using a Future Travel Credit for departures before March 31, 2021.
- Get a $300 VISA gift^** card for a group reservation of 20 adults or more, booked by November 3, 2020 for departures before December 31, 2022.
Resorts Reopening Updates
RESORT STATUS UPDATES
Club Med is currently following the decisions taken by international authorities and governments worldwide to enforce travel restrictions to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) along with the suspension of international flights by airlines, and has been working diligently to implement a phased reopening of our resorts with new hygiene measures to welcome you and your family into a safe environment and create new Club Med memories.
As of today, Club Med is happy to announce the reopening of the following resorts:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay: on June 12, 2020**
- Club Med Cancún Yucatán: on October 17, 2020**
- Club Med Punta Cana: on October 17, 2020**
- Club Med Turkoise: on November 28, 2020**
- Club Med Michès Playa Esmeralda: on December 5, 2020**
- Club Med Caravelle: on December 12, 2020**
- Club Med Buccaneer’s Creek: on December 12, 2020**
- Club Med Columbus Isle: in December 2021**
- Club Med Ixtapa Pacific: in December 2021**
Cancellation & Revision Policy
CANCELLATION POLICY IN FORCE IF RESORT CLOSED AT THE TIME OF PLANNED TRAVEL
If your client has an existing reservation in any resort that is closed at the time of their planned stay, their reservation has been automatically cancelled and you will receive:
- A Future Travel Credit* for 100% of the total package booked with Club Med, valid for 2 years from the original date of travel to any resort worldwide of their choice.
- Once they rebook a future stay, if the Future Travel Credit* value is higher than the cost of their new booking, we will issue an additional Future Travel Credit* for the remaining balance, to be used within 2 years from the original date of travel.
Please note, if you did not book your airfare with Club Med, please make sure to contact the air carrier directly to cancel your flight before time of departure.
This policy is valid only for packages with flights operated by Air Canada, Air Transat or Westjet. If the air-inclusive package is operated by another airline, then, you will receive a credit with the airline based on the carrier’s specific policies.
A Future Travel Credit is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. It may be applied to the total value of a new Club Med package.
If your clients rebook their new stay by November 3, 2020, the Future Travel Credit (for the land portion only) will be bonified by: 10%.
Note: Because we want you to remain the main contact point for your client, Club Med will not be communicating directly with your client regarding the cancellation of their booking. Their Future Travel Credit will be sent directly to you, their travel agent. Make sure to communicate that important information to your client, as soon as you receive it.
Your commission is guaranteed – all travel partners will receive standard commission on any client rebookings once the client travels to the resort. If your client opts to receive a Future Travel Credit, and does not rebook, our standard commission will also be paid towards the amount of the credit after the date of its expiration.
Book with peace of mind
|☀ Free Cancellations*’^
For new bookings made between May 18, 2020 and December 31, 2020 on any Club Med resort worldwide, you can modify or cancel for free and receive a full refund on your package (land and air portions) if your flights were booked with Air Canada, Air Transat or Westjet:
>Up to 15 days prior to departure for stays on and prior to July 2nd, 2021 (100% charge if 14 or less)
>Up to 61 days prior to departure for specific 2020 2021 Holiday weeks, including Christmas 2020, New Year’s 2020, Spring Break 2021, and stays starting July 3rd, 2021 (25% charge if cancellation between 60 & 31 days. 50% charge if cancellation between 30 & 15 days. 100% if 14 or less).
>Up to 91 days prior to departure for 2021 Holiday weeks (including but not limited to Thanksgiving, Christmas 2021, New Year’s 2021 and other weeks) (100% charge if 91 or less)
Refund excludes membership fees and optional insurance. All refunds will go back on the same form of payment. If the cancelled booking was paid using a future travel credit, the refund will be issued as a credit for future travel to be used prior to the expiration date of the original future travel credit. If your flights were not booked with Air Canada, Air Transat or Westjet, the air portion will follow the airlines’ policy in effect.
Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a lower price in the future for the same travel dates, receive a Future Travel Credit for a value equal to the price difference applicable to your next booking.
Valid for new individual land-only bookings booked on or after May 18th 2020, on the following resorts: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; Cancun Yucatan, Mexico; Ixtapa Pacific, Mexico; Sandpiper Bay, Florida, USA; Turkoise, Turks and Caicos; Michès Playa Esmeralda, Dominican Republic; Caravelle, Guadeloupe; Buccaneer’s Creek, Martinique; and Columbus Isle, Bahamas,and based on value as written on the sales contract. Claims can be done up to 15 days before departure. Only one claim per file. Must concern a stay identical in all criteria to the original reservation, including: same Club Med resort, same check-in and check-out dates, same category of room, same number and type of guests (adults and children of the same age), same currency, same payment terms and same cancellation policy. Lower price quoted must be final, including any fees, taxes, or administration fees applied. Airfare, membership fees and extras are not covered by this guarantee. Guarantee does not apply to the following: group bookings, last minute deals, flash sales, privately contracted rates, rates only accessible by user and password or with promotional code, travel agent rates, referral reward rates, or friends and family rates. Guarantee refers to the total price of the stay and cannot refer to a partial price of any or all of the days it comprises. Future Travel Certificates must be used for travel completed within one year of the original date of travel and may be subject to restrictions. Club Med may withdraw this offer at any time and is not responsible for errors or omissions. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Emergency Assistance Program
As an addition to our Safe Together mission, implementing enhanced safety and hygiene measures in our resorts, we are modifying our Emergency Assistance Program to provide all guests traveling before April 30th, 2020 with coverage for emergency medical expenses during their stay, including those related to COVID-19.^
What is covered?
1. In case of sickness related to COVID-19, all healthcare expenses during your stay are covered: medical expenses in case of hospitalization, medical visit, COVID-19 Test, transportation cost to the laboratory in order to administrate the test.
2. In case of hospitalization, coverage will also apply for: housing cost for companion, accompaniment of children. Medical evacuation if the situation requires it.
3. In case of quarantine: the assistance center will organize housing along with the Resort and the health personnel.
4. If the G.M missed their intended flight: the assistance center will take charge and organize a new return flight following the sanitary requirements established by the health team.
Cost coverage in the event of Illness (including COVID disease) includes:
- Medical expenses abroad until 75 000 € incl. tax / beneficiary,
- Advance on hospitalization costs incurred abroad until €75,000 incl. tax per beneficiary,
- The cost of an extended stay at the hotel: € 80 per night incl. tax and € 150 incl. tax for a family / 10 nights maximum,
- Medical evacuation and repatriation following accident and/or illness according to the decision of the Medical Board of Europ Assistance,
- Repatriation of the mortal remains in case of death.
What is not covered by the program?
Consequences of global COVID situations in the country where the resort is located, such as:
1. Border lockdown: per region/ per city/ airport closure/ flight cancelation/ Resort closure…
2. Interruption of stay: following the declaration of State of Emergency
3. Quarantine: at the destination without being sick.
A certificate of insurance confirming coverage of medical expenses in case of sickness including COVID-19 can be provided upon request in order to enter a country or to obtain a travel visa.
This Assistance Agreement constitutes the general conditions of the contract concluded between EUROP ASSISTANCE, a business governed by the Insurance Code, and CLUB MED SALES, on behalf of its clients. It specifies the content of and the limits on the services to be provided by EUROP ASSISTANCE for CLUB MED SALES clients. The Assistance is provided by EUROP ASSISTANCE, and not by Club Med®. Any enrollment in Club Med®, or through the intermediary of a travel agent, makes the G.M® eligible for EUROP ASSISTANCE services, which cover assistance for persons. Applicable only to Canadian members (G.Ms®) who are Canadian residents and have booked and paid for their trip in Canada. This coverage supercedes any previously existing coverage and is subject to change without notice. A complete description of coverage is available upon request with Club Med Sales Inc., and also in the Basic Insurance document you will receive by electronic mail before departure if you made a reservation. Call your Travel Agent for more details.