Communication and transparency have always been a core value of our relationships with our travel partners. Club Med is committed to keep you inform on the coronavirus situation and to providing you with the best support to rebook your clients as soon as they are ready to travel again with us.
Important information before your client’s departure:
In order to limit the spread of COVID-19, the Canadian government has announced that as of January 7, 2021, air travelers aged 5 years or older will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test (PCR or LAMP) result before boarding international flights to Canada.
This PCR test must be performed no later than 72 hours before arrival in Canada and proof of a negative result will be required before boarding. This requirement is in addition to the mandatory 14-day quarantine required for international flights to Canada.
To keep you informed of the latest updates, we invite you to regularly consult the Canadian government website.
Please note that you can perform this test directly in our Club Med Resorts of Punta Cana, Michès Playa Esmeralda, Cancun, La Caravelle and Sandpiper Bay. Prices and full information available at the Resort.
For Club Med Turkoise, you can perform this test in a close by facility and our teams will be able to assist you in your procedures. Prices and full information available in the Resort.
Club Med will not be held responsible for the availability of appointments to carry out molecular tests (PCR or LAMP), or for the duration of the results delivery.
RESORTS REOPENING UPDATES
Resorts status updates
Club Med is currently following the decisions taken by international authorities and governments worldwide to enforce travel restrictions to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) along with the suspension of international flights by airlines, and has been working diligently to implement a phased reopening of our resorts with new hygiene measures to welcome you and your family into a safe environment and create new Club Med memories.
As of today, Club Med is happy to announce the reopening of the following resorts:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay: on June 12, 2020
- Club Med Cancún Yucatán: on October 17, 2020
- Club Med Punta Cana: on October 17, 2020
- Club Med Turkoise: on November 28, 202
- Club Med Michès Playa Esmeralda: on December 19, 2020
- Club Med Caravelle: on December 18, 2020
- Club Med Buccaneer’s Creek: on February 6, 2021**
- Club Med Columbus Isle: in December 2021**
- Club Med Ixtapa Pacific: in December 2021**
CANCELLATION & REVISION POLICY
CANCELLATION POLICY IN FORCE IF RESORT CLOSED AT THE TIME OF PLANNED TRAVEL
If your client has an existing reservation in any resort that is closed at the time of their planned stay, their reservation has been automatically cancelled and you will receive:
- A Future Travel Credit* for 100% of the total package booked with Club Med, valid for 2 years from the original date of travel to any resort worldwide of their choice.
- Once they rebook a future stay, if the Future Travel Credit* value is higher than the cost of their new booking, we will issue an additional Future Travel Credit* for the remaining balance, to be used within 2 years from the original date of travel.
Please note, if you did not book your airfare with Club Med, please make sure to contact the air carrier directly to cancel your flight before time of departure.
This policy is valid only for packages with flights operated by Air Canada, Air Transat or Westjet. If the air-inclusive package is operated by another airline, then, you will receive a credit with the airline based on the carrier’s specific policies.
A Future Travel Credit is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. It may be applied to the total value of a new Club Med package.
If your clients rebooked their new stay by February 23, 2021, the Future Travel Credit (for the land portion only) will be bonified by: 10%.
Note: Because we want you to remain the main contact point for your client, Club Med will not be communicating directly with your client regarding the cancellation of their booking. Their Future Travel Credit will be sent directly to you, their travel agent. Make sure to communicate that important information to your client, as soon as you receive it.
All information is subject to change and requirements are being revised frequently. All passengers are reminded to consult their personal healthcare provider prior to travel and to verify the most current travel requirements for their country of origin and destination.
Official restrictions to our destinations
Turks and Caicos: www.visittci.com All travelers to Turks and Caicos must obtain pre-travel authorization through the TCI Assured Portal which requires proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 5 days of travel, proof of emergency medical insurance, completion of a health screening questionaire. Visitors will be required to wear face coverings in all public areas, practice social distancing, and comply with capacity limitations in public areas.
Dominican Republic: www.godominicanrepublic.com As of September 15, 2020, travelers are not required to provide a negative PCR COVID-19 test prior to travel. All arriving passengers will be required to completed a Travelers Health Affidavit and will screened for temperature and symptoms. A random sample of arriving passengers will be administered a rapid breath test for COVID at the arrival at the airport.
Mexico: Visit and www.mexicancaribbean.travel for more detailed information. COVID restrictions are implemented per each state in Mexico. Visitors to Quintana Roo (Cancun area of Mexico) are required to undergo temperature checks via thermal imaging and complete a health questionnaire. Hotels are required to comply with enhanced safety and sanitation protocols, including capacity limitation and social distancing.
Guadeloupe: Visit www.Guadeloupe-islands.com for more detailed information. As of October 1, 2020, US travelers are not permitted to go to the Guadeloupe Islands. All visitors must provide proof of a negative PCR COVID test performed up to 72 hours prior to arrival. Visitors failing to present a negative COVID test will be required to take a test upon arrival at the Guadeloupe Airport. Social distancing requirements and mask wearing regulations are enforced. The airport can also provide COVID testing for guests required to have tests prior to departure to their home country. Cost is 84 Euros.
BOOK WITH PEACE OF MIND
|☀ Free Cancellations*’^
For new bookings made between January 1st, 2021 and February 28th, 2021 on any Club Med resort worldwide, you can modify or cancel for free and receive:
The air portion of your stay will follow the airlines’ policy in effect.
Refund excludes membership fees and optional insurance. All refunds will go back on the same form of payment. If the cancelled booking was paid using a future travel credit, the refund will be issued as a credit for future travel to be used prior to the expiration date of the original future travel credit.
The cancellation charges are assessed on the full package price. Revisions of any kind (including but not limited to a change in the date of departure or resort) will be treated as a cancellation and applicable cancellation charges will be assessed and revised booking will be subject to pricing then in effect. Unpaid balances on cancellation charges are subject to collection action. No refunds will be made in the event of no-shows or interruption or cancellation by the Member after departure. There is no refund for unused travel vouchers or transfers. Cancellation charges for special events, certain promotions and holiday travel may vary; please contact our call center or your travel advisor.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMMISSION POLICY
For all NEW bookings:
We are adapting our commission pay-out policy and now authorize net payments from our partners.
- If paid net using a credit card, it should be the company/Travel Agency credit card. We won’t accept the end-client Credit Card for a net payment.
The agency has the option to pay us via company check or wire transfer, but when the file includes air ticket the deposit needs to be paid right away by credit card for the transportation department to issue the tickets.
- If the booking is cancelled with FTC or refund, we will issue a FTC or refund only for the value of the amount paid to Club Med (it will remain the TA’s responsibility to communicate to their client).
For bookings realized with Future Travel Credits:
We will issue commissions as of now at the time of rebooking, if the file is paid in full (if the FTC covers for the file amount)
- Commissions will be issued every 2 weeks.
- The file needs to be paid in full to be eligible for issued commission in the system.
- If the value of the new booking is higher than the original file, we will require at least the full net payment to be able to issue the commission.
Best Rate Guarantee
If you find a lower price in the future for the same travel dates, receive a Future Travel Credit for a value equal to the price difference applicable to your next booking.
Valid for new individual land-only bookings booked on or after May 18th 2020, on the following resorts: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; Cancun Yucatan, Mexico; Ixtapa Pacific, Mexico; Sandpiper Bay, Florida, USA; Turkoise, Turks and Caicos; Michès Playa Esmeralda, Dominican Republic; Caravelle, Guadeloupe; Buccaneer’s Creek, Martinique; and Columbus Isle, Bahamas,and based on value as written on the sales contract. Claims can be done up to 15 days before departure. Only one claim per file. Must concern a stay identical in all criteria to the original reservation, including: same Club Med resort, same check-in and check-out dates, same category of room, same number and type of guests (adults and children of the same age), same currency, same payment terms and same cancellation policy. Lower price quoted must be final, including any fees, taxes, or administration fees applied. Airfare, membership fees and extras are not covered by this guarantee. Guarantee does not apply to the following: group bookings, last minute deals, flash sales, privately contracted rates, rates only accessible by user and password or with promotional code, travel agent rates, referral reward rates, or friends and family rates. Guarantee refers to the total price of the stay and cannot refer to a partial price of any or all of the days it comprises. Future Travel Certificates must be used for travel completed within one year of the original date of travel and may be subject to restrictions. Club Med may withdraw this offer at any time and is not responsible for errors or omissions. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Emergency Assistance Program
As an addition to our Safe Together mission, implementing enhanced safety and hygiene measures in our resorts, we are modifying our Emergency Assistance Program to provide all guests traveling before April 30th, 2020 with coverage for emergency medical expenses during their stay, including those related to COVID-19.^
What is covered?
1. In case of sickness related to COVID-19, all healthcare expenses during your stay are covered: medical expenses in case of hospitalization, medical visit, COVID-19 Test, transportation cost to the laboratory in order to administrate the test.
2. In case of hospitalization, coverage will also apply for: housing cost for companion, accompaniment of children. Medical evacuation if the situation requires it.
3. In case of quarantine: the assistance center will organize housing along with the Resort and the health personnel.
4. If the G.M missed their intended flight: the assistance center will take charge and organize a new return flight following the sanitary requirements established by the health team.
Cost coverage in the event of Illness (including COVID disease) includes:
- Medical expenses abroad until 75 000 € incl. tax / beneficiary,
- Advance on hospitalization costs incurred abroad until €75,000 incl. tax per beneficiary,
- The cost of an extended stay at the hotel: € 80 per night incl. tax and € 150 incl. tax for a family / 10 nights maximum,
- Medical evacuation and repatriation following accident and/or illness according to the decision of the Medical Board of Europ Assistance,
- Repatriation of the mortal remains in case of death.
What is not covered by the program?
Consequences of global COVID situations in the country where the resort is located, such as:
1. Border lockdown: per region/ per city/ airport closure/ flight cancelation/ Resort closure…
2. Interruption of stay: following the declaration of State of Emergency
3. Quarantine: at the destination without being sick.
A certificate of insurance confirming coverage of medical expenses in case of sickness including COVID-19 can be provided upon request in order to enter a country or to obtain a travel visa.
This Assistance Agreement constitutes the general conditions of the contract concluded between EUROP ASSISTANCE, a business governed by the Insurance Code, and CLUB MED SALES, on behalf of its clients. It specifies the content of and the limits on the services to be provided by EUROP ASSISTANCE for CLUB MED SALES clients. The Assistance is provided by EUROP ASSISTANCE, and not by Club Med®. Any enrollment in Club Med®, or through the intermediary of a travel agent, makes the G.M® eligible for EUROP ASSISTANCE services, which cover assistance for persons. Applicable only to Canadian members (G.Ms®) who are Canadian residents and have booked and paid for their trip in Canada. This coverage supercedes any previously existing coverage and is subject to change without notice. A complete description of coverage is available upon request with Club Med Sales Inc., and also in the Basic Insurance document you will receive by electronic mail before departure if you made a reservation. Call your Travel Agent for more details.