Club Med is committed to the safety, health and well-being of our guests and employees. As this is our number one priority, we are actively monitoring the Zika virus and remain in close contact with public health authorities, tourism boards and other travel partners in affected countries.
Club Med takes many steps to reduce the presence of mosquitoes in our resorts;
- Twice daily fogging with mosquito repellant in all resorts
- Removing items and treating areas where mosquitoes can breed.
- Working with local authorities to eradicate mosquitoes in the resort area
Preventative measures guests can take;
- Cover exposed skin by wearing long-sleeved shirts, long pants and hats.
- Use an appropriate insect repellant: higher percentages of active ingredient provide longer protection. Always follow product directions and reapply as directed.
- The CDC has also issued recommendations for returning travelers regarding the use of condoms and repellent
- Review information and updates on the various health organization websites and contact their medical provider with any questions;
At this time, the only guests that have been advised not to travel to affected areas are expectant mothers. Pregnant guests who wish to revise their Club Med vacation to an area not affected by Zika will be provided alternate Club Med resort options that do not include destinations on the World Health Organization’s list of Zika transmission areas. Alternately pregnant guests may request a future travel credit equivalent to their land value and reschedule their trip at a later date without penalty. Please contact your travel advisor or Club Med at 1-800-CLUB MED for additional information.
As with any travel, guests should check with public health authorities to be informed regarding health matters at the destinations they will visit and exercise appropriate precautions. Those seeking additional information on the Zika virus are encouraged to contact their healthcare provider.